Dress Code at Tournaments
USA Archery Dress Code – FITA Events
In an effort to be more inclusive and to eliminate potential issues in recruiting new archers to USA Archery events, the USAA Board of Directors passed a revision to the current dress code. The revised dress code addresses the desired outcome and dictates less regarding specific colors allowed during competition. The general feel was to be sure our athletes presented themselves and the sport in a professional manner without dictating the specifics.
Target & Field Archery
USAA Dress Code:
1. All athletes and coaches must present a professional, athletic appearance while on the field. (Torn, ripped or badly faded clothing articles are not allowed.) Clothing may be of any color.
2. No camo, or blue denim (jeans) may be worn at target events. Leggings and Yoga pants are not allowed unless there is the appropriate length skirt or shorts over them. Accessories such as trim on shirts, caps, quivers, armguards, footwear, etc., are permitted to be camo. At field events, denim may be worn but camo may not be worn.
3. Shorts, skorts and skirts must not be shorter than finger tip length while standing normally.
4. Men and women are required to wear upper garments covering the front and back of the body and covering the midriff when at full draw. Women’s upper garments shall have a minimum strap of 3″ or sleeves. Men’s upper garments shall have short or long sleeves.
5. Sport/athletic shoes are recommended to all athletes and coaches during target events. Shoes must cover the entire foot. Absolutely no open toed shoes.
6. At no time will any athlete or coach wear any article bearing any image or language to be considered offensive to others.
Advertising and Trademark Restrictions
Advertising and trademarks on clothing must adhere to the standards established in the FITA Constitution and Rules as set forth in articles 2.2.5, 2.2.6, 2.2.7 and 2.2.8.